James E. Mortimer, Esq.
James spends the majority of his time representing parties in family law, appeals and postconviction litigation. James has extensive experience litigating cases in both trial and appellate courts.
Attorney James E. Mortimer is a graduate of the Sacred Heart University, where he earned his B.S., in Criminal Justice, summa cum laude. While attending Sacred Heart University Mr. Mortimer held an internship at the Norwalk Public Defender’s Office. He received his J.D. from the University of Connecticut School of Law, with honors, where he served as Executive Editor of the Connecticut Public Interest Law Journal. During law school Mr. Mortimer participated in the Asylum and Human Rights Clinic and Connecticut Urban Legal Initiative Clinic. Also, while in law school Mr. Mortimer interned with ITT Corporation’s Legal Department. Mr. Mortimer is admitted to practice law in Connecticut and New York.
• Family Law
• Criminal Law
• Appellate Practice
• Editor of the Connecticut Public Interest Law Journal
• CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Business Organizations
• CALI Excellence for the Future Award, International Corporate Insolvency
• SHU Gold Medal of Excellence
• Sacred Heart University, BS (summa cum laude)
• University of Connecticut, JD (honors)
• State of Connecticut
• State of New York